30 for 30 Roundup

Thanks for sticking with me during the 30 for 30! Here's a round-up of all the outfits and some of my thoughts on the challenge at the end. As for favorites: I love 10-14 especially, but you can tell I started to lose steam between 21-24 :)

1-4

5-8

9-12

13-16

17-20

21-24

25-28

29-30

If I were to do this again, there are a few things I'd do differently. For one, there's a skirt that didn't even make it into the 30 for 30, because it's my "going out" skirt and it's too short for everyday working wear, so it never even made it on the blog. Secondly, what was I thinking adding black pants for a July remix challenge? So next time, I will definitely choose pieces a bit more wisely.

It was also a great exercise to do while I was moving and trying to cull my possessions. Once I realized how many outfits I can make from my favorite pieces, it made it easy to weed out items that aren't pulling their weight in my closet. And it was a relief not to shop at all--one less thing to think about and extra motivation for me to be creative what I already have. I felt like I could make nearly endless outfits with 30 pieces, so now that I can let loose in the rest of my closet, I feel like I don't need to buy anything else until I wear and remix the heck out of the rest of my clothes.

Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement, Kendi! May my remix skills one day reach the ingenuity of yours :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...