Some Sentimentality

Some Sentimentality

Works Cited

dress: anthro
cardigan: j crew
wedges: fitzwell

It's the final day of Dress Your Best week, and I'm celebrating my hair. I feel particularly glad to celebrate my hair because this month, I am also celebrating three years of being a cancer survivor.

Some Sentimentality

Aside from a stint of chemo-induced baldness and the subsequent pixie and bob haircuts, my hair has always been long and I love it that way. I can no longer tell whether it is neurosis or vanity that prevents me from chopping it to look as cute as Katy or Lexie. But my long hair is also a reminder of all that I've been through and how resilient I can be. And so it only seems fitting that the last day of Dress Your Best goes to celebrating the three parts of me that will always be metaphorically interconnected: hair, health, and happiness.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. xoxo.

P.S. I promise not to be this sentimental again! I think all this body-lovin' celebration has gotten to me...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...