Deep Thoughts on Birkenstocks

Deep thoughts on birkenstocks

Works Cited
skirt: i made it (find the pattern here)
tank: old navy
belt: thrifted
sandals: birkenstock

I don't wax poetic about much on this blog, mostly because other people do it a lot better than I, but S. from Academichic posted a great comment on Monday which got me thinking about dressing for the blog. She pointed out that though she loves her Birkenstocks, she hasn't worn them much on her blog because they might be considered a faux pas. This rung very true for me because I love Birkenstocks, through and through. I wore Birkenstock clogs pretty much every day in college, and when I broke my (same) toe last summer, I wore these Birkenstock sandals every day for 8 weeks. Happily. These shoes are ridiculously comfortable, have great arch support, prevent and help protect myriad foot injuries and, if you ask me, also have a great hippie charm (I'm from Berkeley, love of hippies is in my blood). And yet, I've also been hesitant to wear them here.

Deep thoughts on birkenstocks

I know some people may be thinking snarky things about Birkenstocks--yes, they are kind of dorky and yes, they are recommended by orthopedists and maybe yes, they are considered a fashion faux pas--but to be perfectly honest, I'd rather wear a dorky shoe than an uncomfortable one, any day. Birkies will probably never be "on trend" or show up in the pages of Vogue, but I will still love them, unapologetically. I'm willing to risk losing some street cred for the sake of honesty here--yes, I am nerdy and I love my Birks.

But I can't say I didn't warn you. This blog isn't called What a Super-Cool-Style-Icon Would Wear for a reason...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...