If at first you don't succeed...

So this morning I came out of my bedroom and heard those words that every girlfriend longs to hear: "Oh, Tania, you're not really going to wear that, are you?" Well, actually, I was. After seeing these two items hanging closely in my closet, I thought this little pattern mixing would look great. I also liked the slightly different silhouette than my usual tee and high-waisted skirt. So I was defiant of Christopher's verdict, until I saw the photos:

If at first you don't succeed...

They sent me running back to my closet and left Christopher feeling very smug this morning.
Although I luuurrrved the combination in theory, I think the skirt's pattern is just a little too bold to be mixed with this particular shirt. Maybe a patterned shirt in a darker color (like navy) wouldn't have been so Magic Eye-inducing. Anyway, this is what I ended up in, feeling much more like myself:

If at first you don't succeed...

Works Cited
skirt: i made it (how to make your own)
belt: j crew (gift from sister)
button-up: courtesy of little ocean annie
teal tee: forever 21
shoes: thrifted

If at first you don't succeed...

Though I don't often post about the outfits that get left on the cutting room floor, I know this is the kind of thing that happens to a lot of people after the get in front of a friend, a mirror, or a camera. But I guess this is how we end up spending 3276 hours of our lives getting ready for the day, huh?

P.S. Last day to enter to win a Shabby Apple dress...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...