A Long-Legged Lie

A Long-Legged Lie

Works Cited
dress: ruche
sweater: j crew
belt: j crew
flats: urban outfitters

A Long-Legged Lie

Not to sound like a broken record, but I really love the color gray. It goes with everything, always makes me feel chic, and fuses dark and light. What's not to love? Plus these cheerful pops of yellow look extra-good juxtaposed against something neutral.

A Long-Legged Lie

Also, I need to 'fess up that my legs aren't really as long as they look in these pictures. It's an optical illusion produced by the slight hill that I'm standing on and the belt at my natural waist. Recently my sister said to me "I like your blog but you do know that almost all of your outfits have a belt?" Yes, Rachel, I do. It's because I learned from the best belters around. But I also realize that belts make my silhouette more grown-up, my waist seem smaller, and contribute to the illusion that my legs have some length. So unless you can find me a replacement sartorial magic trick, the belt is here to stay :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...