Trends and Timelessness

IMG_7068

Works Cited
dress: anthro
sweater: j crew
belt: target
wedges: thrifted
earrings: bought on the street

IMG_7065

I don't follow trends/runway fashions/seasons very closely, because they seem to change so quickly and I don't know a single person who can afford to update her wardrobe every season. But I was happy to read that a more minimalist aesthetic may be coming into vogue, and to catch wind of lots of clothes in camel, grays, blacks, and navies. These have always been my go-to combinations because they feel timeless.

IMG_7053

If I'm going to spend money on a garment, I'd like it to be something I could wear for years and look back on without regret. I want to look back in twenty years and still recognize myself and my sense of style. My family teases me for having a wardrobe without much color and with more gray sweaters than all other colors combined, but there is something very appealing about a simple palette. I think it lets your natural beauty and personality show, and I love that.
What about you? Do you follow high fashion closely? Or are you like me, secretly pleased when you see a trend on the runway that you've been wearing and loving for years?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...