Checked

Checked

Works Cited
top: thrifted
skirt: i made it
belt: mommed
sandals: steve madden via dsw

While everyone else on earth seems to be suffering with crippling heat, around here, the weather is pretty much perfect. 70's, sunny, and dry--so I wanted to wear this button-up that I thrifted a while back. I was excited about this outfit in theory, and in practice it's not too bad either. I know mixing patterns isn't for everyone (Christopher, for one, hates it), but I like the simplicity of red and white checks with red and white flowers.

Checked

On two unrelated notes, my toe is feeling lots better--thank you for those of you who asked! I still can't really put it into close-toed shoes, but the swelling has gone down lots, thank goodness.

Also, Anne-Marie mentioned the problem of these kind of sandals producing cankles yesterday. I don't think I am free of the cankle-making curses of gladiator sandals, but I'm throwing caution and the appearance of slender ankles to the wind today, because these shoes are comfy and don't make my toe ache. But I'd say sadly, yes, gladiators do seem to provoke the appearance of cankles on even the thinnest of ankles. Whether or not that stops you from wearing them is another matter...are you ever wary of clothing items that might not flatter, even if you like them?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...