Misikko, I Think I Love You

Today is a happy day, because I can throw out my $20 Walgreens flat iron which makes me hair into a poofy, damaged mess and my Hana Elite flat iron and I can ride off into the sunset on a white horse. Misikko sent over a flat iron for me to review, and while it's easy to love free stuff, I am going to do my best to uncloud my rose-tinted lenses and give an unbiased review.

Here is what my hair looks like clean and dry. It is naturally pretty straight, but it has a tendency toward frizz and it gets kinked annoyingly easily by hair elastics.

Misikko, I Think I Love You

Here's what I like about Misikko:
1. They are a family-run business so both your heart and hair can be warmed.
2. They packaged stuff beautifully and I am a sucker for the little extras, like the Shine serum which made my hair smell like an expensive hair salon. Behold:

Misikko, I Think I Love You

3. If you have moneys (sadly, I am out), you can buy lots of amazing hair things from Misikko, like CHI flat irons and Ionic hair dryers which will make your hair pretty.
4. The Hana Elite model, which they sent me, is 100% ceramic which is actually good for your hair. Ceramic plates also last forever, get ridiculously hot, and make your hair amazingly shiny and smooth. The proof is in the pudding:

Misikko, I Think I Love You

I could only come up with two downsides. The first downside I'd chalk up to my complete lack of hair skills. Inspired by the very talented Indiana Adams, who is blessed with hair-doing talents, and foolishly galvanized by a youtube clip which make hair curling look easy, I tried to curl my hair using the flat iron. Result:

Misikko, I Think I Love You

Things didn't go so well. Someone come to my house and teach me!

The second is that flat irons are expensive, and I am poor. While Misikko's prices are better than its competitors for these amazing products, there's still no way I could afford a ceramic flat iron on my own. But if you are a person with a "real job" that makes "real money" instead of a grad student living near the poverty line, go out and buy yourself one of these babies. You will never have a bad hair day again.

Luckily, if you're impecunious like me (or even if you're not), you can enter a giveaway early next week to win one of your own--woohoo! Stay tuned!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...